Add Print Stylesheet Plugin for Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.x
Please rate on JED if you find this extension useful.
This plug-in with separate versions for Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.x loads a print stylesheet in the [template path]/css folder.
You could have a different print stylesheet for each installed template if you want, but use the same file name e.g. print.css.
A print stylesheet can be useful to remove unwanted elements from printed copies of your web pages. This might include dark ink wasting backgrounds, menus and other elements that have no use in a printed copy. Many templates do not include a print stylesheet by default. It is fairly easy to edit the index.php file and insert appropriate code to add a print stylesheet but changes in the index.php can be overwritten by template updates.
- Install the plug-in using the standard Joomla installer.
- Upload the print stylesheet to the [template path]/css folder.
- In Plug-in Manager, edit "System - Add Print Stylesheet", add the stylesheet file name and enable the plugin.
- Refresh the page on your website and you should now see the appropriate line in the page source.
- A newer version of the plug-in can be installed over the top of an older version.
Add JURI::base() to more accurately determine template path
Add Support for Joomla 3.x