This is the fifth article in a series of Joomla component migration instructions. Published so far are:
Note: The database tables must be copied across to Joomla 2.5 before installing Remository on Joomla 2.5 as the installation procedure will add new database fields if required. If you do this in the wrong order, the fields won't be created.
This procedure was successfully tested using the following versions:
- Joomla 1.5: Remository v3.53.13J
- Joomla 2.5: Remository v3.54.05J2
- Install Joomla 2.5 in new sub folder.
- Migrate core functions including user accounts with SP Upgrade or similar.
- Upgrade Remository on Joomla 1.5 to latest version, if it isn't already. Note: You need to uninstall the old version and then install the new version. Since version 3.40, data and configuration are not lost across an upgrade.
- Export the 14 x Remository database tables from Joomla 1.5 with "Quick" and "SQL" options. Note: Assuming they are not too large, you can multiple select tables and export and import them as one file:
- If necessary, amend table prefixes by searching and replacing all of the old prefixes e.g. jos_ to j25_ inside the file(s).
- Import the Joomla 1.5 Remository database tables into Joomla 2.5.
- If the tables are too big for export/import, and they are on the same server, you may be able to use the copy table operation instead of import/export.
- Install the latest Remository version on Joomla 2.5. The database tables are automatically modified with extra fields, if needed.
- Check for and copy any files in the file system. Locations will be specified as absolute paths in the configuration.
- If paths in the site have changed, you may need to update the configuration.